Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Fascinating, energetic speaking

I have been complimented by some of my students about my teaching style. Common descriptions will include words like energetic, passionate, caffeine overdose (from a co-worker). I just try to make it something that people will pay attention to, rather than be lulled to sleep by a monotone.

I ran across this post at my favorite links blog, Neatorama. It's a video clip of a talk by Clifford Stoll. He may not follow the "rules" of how to give a good speech but his style keeps you watching. Now, I don't necessarily believe I am in his league as far as the energy and passion (let alone intelligence) he shows in this clip, but I realized that my classes occasionally looks like this clip.

1 comment:

With Bowl + Spoon said...

HEY! UPDATE PLEASE! I miss your blog!