Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Halloween Begins

My wife has declared the beginning of Halloween season!  The day after "Talk Like A Pirate Day", R made the offhand comment that she knows I was looking forward to working on Halloween decorations and now that "T.L.A.P.D." was over, I could begin.  I was overjoyed.

Two years ago, I got really excited about decorating.  I was being inspired by various home haunters and numerous site dedicated to making your own decorations.  So much so, that I got on her nerves with all my talk about it.  Until the season begins, I can't talk about it.  Work on projects, listen to music or research all year as long as she doesn't have to deal with it. She does get into the spirit, though.  She likes the costumes and decorations as Halloween gets closer.

The only downside is that I've got to work on a budget.  Most people have a limited budget.  I just take that as a challenge.  Many home haunters make papier-mache props.  There are tons of printables available.  You can do quite a bit with just access to the internet.

I've got numerous ideas of what I want to do this year.  I'll try to post photos of my projects as I do them.

No comments: