Monday, September 24, 2007

Clean Up - Making Space In The Lab

To prepare for upcoming projects and potential hurricane visitation (not to mention, it was a rainy day), the last day off the 9-5 was spent cleaning the lab. It’s tough for someone like me, a self proclaimed packrat, to throw stuff away, especially if it may have a use and/or was hard to get. Out went the gears and some electronics scrounged from old printers, copiers, and miscellaneous small electronics. The trash cans were emptied and old boxes tossed.

To note, though, the bike parts haven’t been tossed, nor has several small collections of parts, including bottles, old computers, corks, and flora and fauna parts and pieces. Still have plans for those in the near future.

I made a deal with the Mistress. If something has not been used by the end of the year, does not constitute a tool, something needed for home, vehicles, or pets, or will not be used for project within a short amount of time, that item will be discarded.

Sounds like a contract. I wonder if she knows her chemistry lab will be subject to the same conditions. I’ve gotten to the point were I do not want to go in her lab to search for anything. (Probably the way she feels about my lab.)

Oh well. I just wanted to log the progress in the laboratory. I’ve got to go harness the lightning outside. The heavy precipitation will definitely come in handy for my ongoing mulch project. There will be more news on that in the future. No sunny day experiments for me!

No comments: