Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Future Projects - Spread Your Propaganda! (on a budget)

Finding inspiration for future projects is not hard as long as you look in the right places. I was reading my latest issue of Make magazine. A great deal of this issue is dedicated to the ever humble bicycle. As a future dictator, I have long recognize the usefulness of a device such as the bicycle (which is why I bought this issue). Some useful features include: servicable by the individual, customizable, strong, durable and available the world over.

Several articles in this magazine made me start to ponder. One detailed how to
make your own portable (modern) movie projector for a drive-in experience. As a
movie buff, this appealled to me right away. The second article was about a
bicycle mounted audio system.

My mind started to wonder. In South Florida, bicycles are far from the norm,
especially as a regular transportation device. Wouldn't it be fun to ride around
in a Critical Mass style evening, if for no other reason than to have some fun.

Then it hit me. What better thing for the world leader on a budget than a
combination of the mobile sound system, projector, and all your henchmen riding
bicycles with you, spreading your propaganda! Everyone would take notice which
is the whole point. If a driver/pedestrian sees and hears your group coming, they
will think it is something strange and at least pause to try to figure out what's
going on. If you add a hypnotize/brain washing device to the package, why, it
would be a sirens' song perfectly placed for the most effectiveness.

Now where did I put my Hypno Goggles?

No comments: