Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Random thoughts

It's funny that a can of tuna and some cans of dog or cat food have the same shape. Our dog made this mistake as the Mrs. was packing her lunch.

A bit of advice for new fathers out there. If your home with your child, it might be better to leave the bib on. There are times (unpredictable, of course) that your child may spew "cottage cheese" all over themselves and this could take place hours after you last fed them. It's much easier to replace a dirty bib on a baby than it is to change the entire outfit. Be aware though, you do not want to let that bibbed baby to possibly strangle her/himself, so I only recommend this if you are with your child 100% of the time.

Being a white guy, I think it's great if a black lady (or for that matter, any Southern woman) feels comfortable enough to call you "Sugar" or "Honey". I let a toll operator walk in front of my truck when coming home from work last night. She thanked me and I replied I wasn't in a rush so I didn't mind. She gave a big smile and "Have a nice evening, Sugar." I wish more people took all of the 10 extra seconds to be nice to some stranger like that. I hope it made her feel good because it worked for me.

2 comments:

crazywildberry said...

Since I am from south of the Mason-Dixon line, I will add here that you are the nicest of all my friends' husband. You have always (at least acted like you...) care about me and my life. You are a nice guy. :D

crazywildberry said...

I might be a bad mom, but I have left bibs on my second baby even while I wasn't watching over her and she is still here. Just a FYI.