Saturday, October 18, 2008

A tired mind wanders, still...

Work was alright, today. What makes me enjoy my day is getting to go home to my wife and daughter. During the week, I almost get desperate for a chance to get away from the Monster. The last couple of weekends, however, I've come to realize that, yeah, I might need a little "Me Time" but I will always miss both of my girls when I'm not with them.

On a side note, I made a comment to my wife that I didn't like people. This was made more in reference to the fact that I don't like the holiday crowds especially considering the attitude that has developed the last few years. The holiday season is supposed to be good and about family and friends, etc. People are so stressed about finding that perfect gift that they get very rude to "competitors" for parking spots, the latest Elmo, the ideal present. Freaks me out. You ever feel like your in a horror movie where your surrounded by people and everyone has been replaced by some weird parody of themselves. Yeah, that's me during the holidays. Anyways, my wife thinks it's funny considering that my job is customer service and I get paid to be good, even when the holidays come at the store I work at.

Which brings me to one last gripe. I've ranted about this for the last several years. More and more companies are starting (or have been) to put out the Christmas toys/ornaments/stuff before Halloween. No one even celebrates Thanksgiving (except for the food and football) because all the stores go from Halloween to Christmas all within the month of October. I believe the reason (but I'm to young to remember, I guess) that the day after Thanksgiving is such a big sale day is because people used to celebrate one holiday at a time (even if it was right after the previous one). It's one thing for a craft store to start early. It takes awhile to make holiday stuff sometimes. But retail stores to start earlier than Thanksgiving, that's just bizarre.

OK. That's it.

P.s. My Mom misses her granddaughter, so she's trying to make a trip down sometime soon. I can finally get some projects done.

1 comment:

R. Molder said...

just wish to say your girls miss you on the weekend!